Founder/CEO Lorry Schmitz has always had a special bond with animals. When Lorry was 9 months old, her dad brought into the family a Great Dane puppy named Thunder. Lorry and Thunder grew up together, although Thunder grew a lot faster than Lorry did. They were instant friends and as Thunder grew and matured, he knew he was Lorry's protector. Even when it was time for a walk, if Lorry had the other end of the leash, Thunder knew to walk slowly and to be gentle. If another family member was at the other end of the leash, Thunder used his opportunity to get where he wanted to go when he wanted to get there. Lorry has spent much of her life caring for and living with animals, including pets with cancer, diabetes, gastric torsion, and feeding tubes.
The idea for this service was born with an emergency situation... After Lorry graduated from college, Lorry's Great Dane, Dragon, suddenly became very ill late one night. There was no way to get Dragon into a vehicle without the risk of injury, but he needed to get to the emergency veterinarian right away. She knew then that there was a need for an animal transport service that would be available 24 hours a day and could transport even large dogs who were unable to walk. Our are customized inside and out for the safety and comfort of our passengers. Our local service is geared toward those who don't drive or would rather not drive their pets to routine or emergency appointments. We are here for emergency situations any time day or night. We are also honored to work with veterinarians when there is the need to transfer a patient to a critical care clinic. For local transports, one person is welcome to ride along with their animal at no extra cost.
Safely There Animal Transportation® is our only Local 24 hour service and much more ... We transport to or from anywhere in the world using both ground and air services. In October of 2010, Lorry attended the International Pet and Animal Transport Association’s conference in Montreal, Canada to learn more about safe and efficient cross-country and world-wide animal transportation and to meet others in the same business. In February of 2012, Lorry attended the North American and Latin American International Pet and Animal Transport Association’s conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, which focused more on laws, rules, regulations, and processes in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. STAT is trained, qualified, and certified to provide safe and caring pet and animal shipping services anywhere in the world. We have associates around the globe who help us care for your animals.
Anytime, Anywhere! We'll get them there!
We adhere to the International Pet and Animal Transporters Association code of ethics:
1. To provide the highest standard of care for the animals entrusted to us, being constantly attentive to their security, safety and well being, and to place their welfare above all other business concerns.
2. To obey all applicable international, federal, state and local laws as well as licensing requirements governing animal care and transportation.
3. To respect the issuing and registration of all patents, trademarks and copyrights.
4. To deal honestly and fairly with our colleagues and with the public including paying all accounts due according to the terms agreed upon as well as to represent our products and services fairly and honestly.
5. To avoid any slander or defamation of my colleagues and to avoid unfair competitive practices, actions or business practices in general which would result in dishonor upon or distrust of our colleagues or the animal transportation industry in general.
6. To respond within 30 days to any notification by the IPATA Ethics Committee of a filed complaint.